As clinicians, we focus on dental hygiene year-round. But with October being Dental Hygiene Month, it reinforces the need to stress healthy habits with patients. As more than half of US adults 30 or older show at least some sign of gum disease, we must educate and promote proper oral care.
Ask anyone, and they’ll tell you as long as they brush and floss twice a day, they have a healthy oral care regime. And while that’s a strong foundation, a critical component is missing.
Hydrogen Peroxide has been a long-standing choice to combat periodontal disease, dating back to the early 1900s. Many remember those brown bottles as a constant in family medicine cabinets. Thankfully, science has come a long way, and this powerhouse is readily available in oral care products everywhere due to its safety, effectiveness, and affordability.
Companies will often market hydrogen peroxide as a teeth whitener, but it’s also effective at killing harmful bacteria and breaking up plaque. However, due to its short shelf life, some will substitute hydrogen peroxide with carbamide peroxide instead. Unfortunately, this can lead to increased sensitivity and discomfort, leading patients to discontinue use.
So how is one to choose which products are best? Here at GLO Science, we strive to create the most innovative products that deliver the best results for your patients. Our products target everything from teeth whitening to gum health and oral pH. That’s why we always recommend ECO as part of a patient’s daily routine. ECO Balance is not a toothpaste. Instead, it’s a gum health treatment that is eight times more effective than brushing and flossing alone.
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! Here are several more reasons when ECO is a must for your dental practice:
- In a 2019 clinical trial, 92% of participants felt ECO was easy to use. All reported no pain or discomfort but did cite fresh breath and improvement in tooth color during and after use.
- ECO contains Sodium Bicarbonate, which raises the mouth’s pH and neutralizes harmful acid. It also creates the ideal environment with fewer bacteria and more of the minerals teeth need to stay healthy.
- ECO is a whitening booster, gently whitening teeth an average of 1-4 shades with proper use.
- ECO is antibiotic-free, alcohol-free, SLS-free, triclosan-free, and stain-free.
- ECO Balance is a 2017 Gold Edison Award Winner for innovation.
Excellent oral health is the gateway to sound whole-body health and wellness. And with proper self-care, patients can protect themselves from cavities and periodontal disease when they’re in between checkups. Combining the right course of treatment with the most effective products will ultimately deliver the best results. After all, a healthy lifestyle is all about balance.